This course provides thermodynamic and kinetic backgrounds for understanding structural evolution in polycrystalline and nano materials.
- To understand basic rule of thermodynamics
- To understand single component/binary phase equilibrium and phase diagram
- To grow thermodynamic interpretation ability in major thermodynamic reaction
Numerical Methods for Materials Scientist
재료공학을 이론적으로 연구하는 과정에서 유도된 제반 수학문제의 해를 컴퓨터를 이용하여 수치적인 방법으로 계산할 수 있는 능력을 배양함을 목표로 한다.
기초이론을 통해 수치해석에서 기본적으로 사용되는 이론을 습득하고 실습을 통해 실제적인 문제에 적용하는 방법을 배운다.
To enhance the capability for obtaining solutions of governing equations related to the materials science and engineering by numerical methods, the students will learn basic numerical theories and how to define their problems and solve them via computer simulations.
To be able to utilize atomistic simulation (molecular dynamics, Monte Carlo) methods in Materials Researches. Basic theory and computation/simulation techniques will be introduced and practiced with relevant computer softwares.
To check the basic rule of thermodynamics in phase transformations and study surface/interface and diffusion kinetics. To understand General Kinetics, Nucleation Kinetics, Growth Kinetics, Non-classical Nucleation Theory (Spinodal Decomposition) To introduce latest research results in CVD thermodynamcis, abnormal grain growth, multicomponent diffusion, surface/interface reaction.
- Basic concepts of classical and statistical thermodynamics
- Thermodynamics of Defects, Surfaces and Interfaces
- Thermodynamics of CVD
- Introduction to atomistic and micro simulation: Monte Carlo Simulation
Last updated : 2017-09-04